wwwhisper add-on released
The authorization add-on for Heroku is finally out of beta. A huge thank you to everyone who has tried the add-on during the testing phases!
Plans and pricing
Three plans are currently available:
- Starter is a free plan that allows to grant access to a protected application to a single user. The plan gives an easy way to try wwwhisper. It should also cover the needs of people who are developing web applications alone or who would like to conveniently host any privately accessible application on Heroku.
- Basic plan allows to grant access to an application to up to ten people. The plan should cover the needs of a team working together, or sharing an application with clients or investors. It is also intended for small publicly accessible sites that need to have some locations protected, for example an admin web interface. The add-on allows to easily restrict access to such locations and frees developers from worrying about the authorization logic. It can also provide protection if an available authorization mechanism has security holes.
- Plus plan supports sites with bigger traffic and allows for up to 100 authorized users.
If you have any feedback about available features or pricing please send an email to email@example.com. This will greatly help to prioritize a todo list. Currently following items are considered:
- Authorization middleware for more frameworks (node.js, wsgi, ...).
- An option to set custom texts on a sign-in page.
- Improvements to the admin web interface to conveniently manage 100+ users.
- A plugin for a heroku command line tool to perform wwwhisper admin operations (grant, revoke access).
- Allow to use the service outside of the Heroku platform.